We can assist landlords to draft residential leases to ensure the lease complies with the Residential Tenancies Act, particularly in circumstances where you do not want to use a Real Estate Agent.
Where there is a dispute between a tenant and landlord, we represent the landlord or tenant at VCAT (Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal). We can either provide you with advice and prepare you for the VCAT hearing or we can represent you at a VCAT hearing.
Our lawyers have extensive experience with respect to commercial leases.
What we do for landlords:
- Assist with negotiating with prospective tenants;
- Draft leases;
- Provide advice as to the transfer of a lease;
- Provide advice as to a sub-lease; and
- Provide advice and representation when things go wrong.
What we do for tenants:
- Assist with negotiations between you and the vendor;
- Review draft leases;
- Provide detailed advice on the lease obligations;
- Assist with any disputes with the landlord;
- During Covid-19 assisting with negotiating rent reductions and representing clients at mediations with the Small Business Commissioner; and
- with negotiations to transfer leases or enter into a sub-lease