Our accredited family law specialist, Marlene Ebejer and Victoria Byrne have extensive experience dealing with sensitive situations and employ discretion and courtesy at all times to ensure the emotional burden is minimised as much as possible.
We offer legal support to families that are experiencing difficulties in resolving their financial and or child custody issues. We have a strong commitment to child focused outcomes and to ensuring that you receive a fair and reasonable property settlement.
Our lawyers assist families in accessing quality family dispute resolution services and can make referrals to agencies that can assist in strengthening families after separation. We draft parenting plans and parenting orders to effectively deal with child custody issues.
In relation to property, we focus on negotiated outcomes with court proceedings as a last resort. We understand financial resources are limited and provide advice to minimise the cost and stress that comes with family, property and child custody related disputes. We provide advice on consent orders and binding financial agreements. We can represent you in mediations, arbitration and court hearings when required.
Starting a new relationship and want to protect your assets? Talk to us about binding financial agreements (BFA’s) that can be entered into before you commence living together/get married, during your relationship or after separation and divorce.
Family law issues include:
- Children: custody (with whom a child lives), contact (with whom a child spends time with), child support, change of name, passport applications, relocation, recovery, international child abduction, information and location orders (when you do not know where your child is).
- Separation and divorce.
- Property settlement: divisions, spousal maintenance, property transfers; superannuation splits.
- Same-sex disputes over children and/or property.
- Family violence (Intervention Orders) – Family Violence is an issue our lawyers understand. If you are experiencing family violence or have been accused of perpetrating family violence we can assist.
Our lawyers explore the options to resolve your dispute. Resolution can be achieved through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation.
- Negotiation: work with the other party to reach an agreement.
- Mediation: support you through the mediation process whether that be for children or property issues or spousal maintenance.
- Drafting agreements by consent including: Parenting Plans, Court Orders and binding financial agreements (BFAs).
- Court representation including advice, drafting of all court documents and orders.